Issue: The TV remote drains batteries every few days.
Resolution: The remote may need to be repaired to the TV. If the remote is not properly paired to the TV it will drain the batteries in a few days.
- Try re-pairing the voice remote and your TCL Roku TV
- Open the battery compartment to locate the pairing button - as shown in above image.
- Press and hold the pairing button for three (3) seconds or until the pairing light starts flashing. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you will need to replace your batteries. After replacing the batteries, repeat step 1.
- Restart your TCL Roku TV
- Wait for 40 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your TV.
- The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.
- Once TV and enhanced remote are successfully paired, the TV will show the battery status of the voice remote.
If remoted does not pair perform a power drain on the TV. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet, push the power button on the TV for ~15 seconds, then plug the TV back into the power outlet. Try again to re-pair the remote to the TV.
- Try replacing the batteries
- Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.
- Install new fresh batteries of same type in your TCL ROKU TV remote control, observing the proper orientation as indicated in the battery compartment.
- Important note on replacement batteries
- Use alkaline batteries.
- Do not use rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.