The iPQ Engine Mobile Calibration app allows you to pair your mobile phone with a compatible TCL Roku TV model, to measure the TV's white point accuracy, and then automatically adjust the TV for better performance. This app delivers a simple way to improve the picture performance accuracy of select TCL Roku TVs.
Compatible with the following TCL Roku TVs:
Any Google Pixel Phone
Click here to download the app on your mobile device
Any Apple iPhone
Click here to download the app on your mobile device. This app was designed to work only with Apple iPhones. We cannot guarantee accurate results when attempting to run the app on an Apple iPad.
Click the corresponding tabs below to view the step-by-step instructions on how to install and use the iPQ Mobile App, and answers to frequently asked questions.
How to install the iPQ Mobile App
For Google Pixel Phones
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Search for IPQ Mobile App
- Click the TCL iPQ Engine Mobile Calibration with the this icon
- Press the Install button
- You will see a request app permission prompt to access the photos, media and files on your phone's storage. Click Allow - this is a necessary for the app to process the images you will be capturing during the calibration process.
- Once the application has been downloaded and installed into the phone, click the Open button to launch the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the calibrating your TV.
For Apple iPhones
- Go to the Apple App Store
- Search for IPQ
- Click the TCL iPQ Engine Calibration with the this icon
- Press the GET button
- Once download is completed, press the OPEN button
- You will see a request app permission prompt to use the camera and the pictures to calibrate the TV. Click OK- this is a necessary for the app to process the images you will be capturing during the calibration process.
- Once you launch the application, follow the on-screen instructions to start the calibrating your TV.
Q: Why should I use this app?
A: Every TCL Roku TV is designed to deliver exceptionally accurate picture performance. But for serious home theater fans, TV calibration ensures true picture accuracy no matter if your TV is fresh from the factory or it's a seen a few years of use.
Q: Why is it good for my TCL Roku TV to have accurate picture performance?
A: When a TV's picture performance is accurate, this means that the pictures that are displayed will correctly show how the image was originally captured. This makes your TV viewing experience more engaging because the screen performance is optimized, delivering more compelling images.
Q: What specific picture performance is calibrated with this app?
A: The iPQ Engine Mobile Calibration app measures the white balance at various brightness levels and then tunes the red, green and blue levels at each of 6 brightness levels to ensure an accurate white balance. An accurate white balance is the foundation to deliver all colors and to optimize the performance of your TV screen.
Q: Can this app calibrate TVs other than those listed above?
A: No. Currently, the iPQ Mobile App only supports the 6-Series and the 8-Series TCL Roku TV models.
Q: Can this app be installed on Android phones other than Google Pixel phones for TV calibration?
A: It is possible to install and use the app on other Android phones, but the results of the TV calibration will likely be inaccurate. Only Google Pixel phones always support an accurate measurement that is needed for correct TV calibration. So you should only use Google Pixel phones with this app.
Q: Other than the Pixel phone and TCL Roku TV, what else is needed?
A: The TV and the phone should be connected on the same network. Also, it's best to measure the TV in a darker room. The room doesn't need to be completely dark, but try to avoid any lights reflecting on the TV screen.