You can search or control playback of contents and launch select streaming apps by voice with Google. Additionally, you can turn your TV on and off, turn up the volume, mute, switch inputs and change channels, if there is an Over-The-Air antenna connected to your TCL Roku TV.
- The Roku Action on Google is supported in the United States and Canada.
- The Roku Action on Google is supported on all TCL Roku TVs.
- Using your voice to launch Netflix, or access and interact with Netflix content is currently not supported when using the Roku Action on Google. Other voice commands like those for adjusting volume are also not supported when using Netflix.
- You can launch more that 100 top channels on your TCL Roku TV with the Roku Action on Google. However, the launch channel command does not work with all channels on the Roku platform at this time.
- The Roku Action on Google does not support all Roku voice capabilities.
Minimum System Requirements
Before you can use Google Assistant, make sure your TCL Roku TV has Roku OS 8.1 or higher. Click here to find the software version of you TV. Reminder, your TCL Roku TV checks for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update.
In addition, you will need the following:
- A free Roku account
- A Google Assistant-enabled device such as a Google Pixel phone, Google Nest Audio, Google Nest Mini, or Google Home Max.
- The Google Home mobile app downloaded to your iOS® or Android™ device.
Note: For help setting up a Google Assistant-enabled device or downloading the mobile app, visit Google help.
Setting up my TCL Roku TV
To use Google Assistant to search and control your TCL Roku TV, you need to link your Roku account to your Google account using the Google Home mobile app on your iOS or Android device. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Launch the Google Home mobile app.
- At the top left, tap Add (+)
- Tap Set up device
- Select Works with Google
- Search and select Roku from the list
- When prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
- Then continue to follow the onscreen prompts
How do I power my TCL Roku TV on and off with Google?
When you enable a feature called Fast TV Start you can listen to music, podcasts, and live radio when the screen on your TCL Roku TV is off, or wake your TV using voice commands.
Once Fast TV Start is enabled, you can power your TCL Roku TV screen on by saying something like "Hey Google, turn on Roku". You can use a specific command like "Hey Google, launch The Roku Channel on Roku" to power your Roku TV screen on while also performing an Action.
*Google, Android, Google Home Max, Google Nest Mini and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.