Can't connect the TCL Alto 9+ to Wi-Fi
Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to manually setup WiFi on the TCL Alto 9+ Sound Bar.
- Before you begin, disconnect all devices and cables from the sound bar except for the power cord.
- Make sure the TCL Alto 9+ is on stand-by mode. To confirm, you should see a white blinking LED in front of the sound bar as shown below:
Note: If the LED is a solid light, powercycle the TCL Alto 9+. Press the power button on the sound bar remote control to wake-up the unit. Then press the power button on the sound bar remote to place the unit to SLEEP/Stand-by mode.
- While the TCL Alto 9+ is in stand-by mode, press and hold the Play/Pause/OK button on the sound bar remote for 5 seconds.
- The sound bar will restart and the LED display will first show "HELLO" then "WIFI".
- From your smartphone, open the WiFi Settings menu, view the list of available wireless networks. Select and connect to the TCL_RAYDANZ-xxxx or TCL_Alto9+-xxxx network name. Note: xxxx will be correspond to numbers.
- Launch a browser from your smartphone and type 10.0.0.1.
- You will be redirected to the TCL WiFi Setup screen. This will display a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Select your home Wi-Fi network. When prompted, enter your home network's password. Note: If there is a "space" in your home Wi-Fi network name), it will need to be re-named to remove the "space". Example: Net Work = will not connect vs. Network or Net_Work = will connect.
- Once successfully connected, you will see a green LED light on the sound bar.
Also, your Wi-Fi network name will be in green and an IP address will be displayed on the TCL Wi-Fi Setup screen.
There are two more things we need to do to get your sound bar ready for Wi-Fi streaming:
- Perform a Software Upgrade: You will see a notification that a new software is available, the sound bar will display <NEW S/W OK/NOT> or <UPG> . Press the Play/Pause/OK button on the sound bar remote control to proceed. This will download and install the latest software to your TCL Alto 9+ sound bar. During the upgrade process, the sound will display UPG 1 until UPG100. Once software upgrade is completed, the sound bar will restart.
- Reset the sound bar. While the sound bar is on standby-mode (white LED is blinking), press and hold the Play/Pause/OK button on the sound bar remote control for 5-seconds. Wait until you see the the FACTORY RESET option, then press the Play/Pause/OK button to confirm.
Once reset is complete the sound bar will restart. From here you can start setting up your sound for Wi-Fi streaming through Chromecast or Airplay.
Was this article helpful?